How long does naproxen last?

Discussion in 'Pain Relievers' started by Inderson, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Inderson

Inderson New Member

My mother’s doctor told her she should take Naproxen for her arthritis, to ease pain and inflammation. As far as I know, Naproxen (it’s a generic drug name, you can also buy it as Aleve, Anaprox, Flanax and some other drugs) is quite a common painkiller and inflammation cure drug, but as I have never dealt with it, I’d like to know about some side effects and how long it lasts. Before you answer, please note that I can read what’s written on a drug package. What interests me is your personal experience with this drug. Thanks a lot in advance.

[​IMG]

2. Leonaris

Leonaris New Member

I don't have any personal experience with Naproxen, but I've heard it can be dangerous for people who have heart issues or are allergic to aspirin. I’m pretty sure it has a few other side effects, I’m not sure which. They told me it lasts up to a few hours.

3. Comniole

Comniole New Member

I’ve never taken Naproxen either, but I know someone who did. My dad has been taking it for nearly half a year now. Naproxen starts to kick in within 45 minutes after you take it and lasts for four hours. At least it’s how it is with my dad, it may be different for your mom.

4. Inderson

Inderson New Member

Thank you! Has your dad experienced any side effects with naproxen?

Comniole likes this.
  5. Comniole

Comniole New Member

My father never had any major side effects while taking Naproxen. Well, nothing I know of, anyway, I should ask him about that. I know he did complain he had some mild headaches at first, something he didn’t have before starting to take the drug. But he stopped having them later.

Inderson likes this.